Saturday, November 06, 2010

Diverted Heart

I know this isn’t what you planned,
You’ve held your heart out in your hands
Waiting for someone to take a chance
On you

You’ve waited for so long
And have patiently been strung along
Wondering if it will come at all
For you

With so much love to give
A heart of gold and a heart to serve
Aching for someone to give yourself to
And for them to do the same with you

Oh dear, do not despair
For you won’t always tarry here
With lonely heart and aching soul
And searching for the perfect one
That seems to be the other half of you

There’s someone who’s being prepared
To be your number two
To fit with Christ
And fit with you
-Katina Hembree

2 comments:

  1. Did you write this? It is very good. Glad to see you here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did. Thanks Aunt Sally!
    I have been crazy busy with school, so I haven't posted much. I am hoping to be more consistent once school ends.

    ReplyDelete