Ohmygoodness. I am in Europe. Pretty exciting. We had a crazy nineteen hours of traveling and went thirty-two hours on about four hours of sleep. We both went to bed around 8:30 last night and slept for eight hours straight, woke up around 4:30 and went back to sleep until 9:00. I am still tired, but doing better than I thought I would be.
It has been fairly chilly and wet since we got here yesterday. It snowed this morning, which was lovely and it has been misty and grey ever since.The architecture here is lovely and quaint. Everything is green and beautiful. We went to the grocery store this afternoon with our friend Jordan and got to see Waterloo.
I love seeing all the signs in French and loved hearing strangers speak it around me. I am hoping to learn some while we are here. It is such a lovely language. So musical and much more pleasant to hear than English, I think.
We have been watching Jordan all day to learn what we will be doing and so far nothing looks too scary. I think I will be more overwhelmed when Jordan leaves. I think Rebecca will make everything easy though. She is such a sweetheart. I have already been able to share with her about some things that I have been though and have already been encouraged by her. She just emanates the Lord's grace. I know that, even though I will be daunted with the tasks and exhausted a lot of the time (especially in the first couple of weeks), it will be a joy to serve her.
I am very tired and not feeling too well right now, but the Lord has been and will continue to be my strength and my comfort. Thanks for praying. :)
P.S. This blog post took twice as long as normal because my dyslexia gets worse when I am tired. I think I had to retype every five words or so. :/
P.P.S. I haven't taken any pictures yet, but I will do so soon and put some up when I can.
Love and miss you so much! Always praying!
ReplyDeleteLove you and miss you too! Thanks for praying. :)
DeleteYAY! You're in Europe! How crazy is that, chica? Will be praying for quick recovery. How long is Jordan going to be with y'all?
ReplyDeleteErm...this is Erin, btw.
DeleteErin, it is super crazy. I can't believe it sometimes. Just til Wednesday afternoon, so we are having a two and a half day cram session.
DeleteSo glad you made it in without further incident. It can be so exciting in a new culture. I look forward to seeing the pictures you'll take. Jet lag can be a drag but praying it will pass quickly. Good luck! Have fun!
ReplyDeleteI'm very excited y'all are there safe! I pray God gives you so many miracle stories of amazing-ness while y'all are there! Enjoy Gods challenges and blessings every moment there! Love you both!
ReplyDeleteThanks Katie! I hope your adventures are going well!
Delete